Waterhole will be opening Monday 18th May
For our Term 2 scheduled classes.
Waterhole will only be open for the following members
Clients enrolled for the Term Two program
Public swimming will be limited to those that have either an annual 6 or 12 month pass or a current concession card
Delivery drivers / essential service workers relevant to Waterhole
Safety requirements and protocols will be in place
1. Any person that is unwell will not be allowed to enter the premises this includes but is not limited to Clients,
Parents/Carers, Siblings, Staff.
please stay home if you are unwell
2.Entry and Exit points will be clearly marked
Entry will be via one way system, moving up the right hand side of the ramp and reporting to Reception, from Reception then moving through to the main pool hall, exit will be up via the changing rooms.
There will be NO direct access from Reception to the changing rooms / small pool you will have to go through and around via the main pool hall,
Please be aware of social distancing and leave room for other clients, there must be no congregating at any place within the premises.
3. Hand sanitiser must be used on entry - failure to use hand sanitiser will result in entry being refused
4. Contact Tracing Register must be filled out at reception prior to entry (please bring your own pen) - failure to fill in the Contact tracing register in full will result in entry being refused
5. All clients must have completed and returned a Client Detail Enrollment form
any client that we do not have an enrollment form on file for will be given one to complete on their first lesson, if this form is then not returned by the second lesson entry will be refused. There will be no makeup lessons or credits given for any lessons missed due to forms not being returned.
6. Only 1x parent/carer per swimmer aged 13years/under will permitted entry, swimmers aged 14years/over will need to enter the facility on their own.
Non-swimming siblings aged 13years/under may also attend to watch where necessary, if other arrangements can be made for their care then please do so
we need to stay below the maximum facility numbers guidelines, any extra parents/carers and/or spectators will be refused entry. Further details explaining this will be available on entry
7. Toilet and Changing facilities will be available, however we do encourage swimmers to change prior to their lesson and after their lesson at home. If toilet use is required sanitising solution will be available to spray the toilet both before and after use.
Coming changed prior to class and leaving straight after then getting changed at home will help keep congestion to a minimum, we would like to suggest bringing a dressing gown, slippers and warm hat for your child to put on over their togs to make sure they are warm when leaving. We will be closing off every 2nd changeroom to allow for distancing.
8. All swimmers in Seahorse / Penguins and above will require a swim cap (including all adults and public swimmers), this is to help limit the need to touch your face
This is already a requirement for clients in Otters and above, we have just extended this policy now to cover all classes where a parent/carer is no longer in the water.
9. Whilst under level 2 there will be no play swimming available after lessons, we are asking that you come attend the lesson and then leave the facility.
10. During this time we have also reduced maximum class numbers to allow for more spacing within each class
Masks are welcome poolside. Our poolside staff may choose to wear masks for safety and cleaning staff will be wearing these whilst cleaning changing rooms and bathrooms, you are more than welcome if you wish to wear your own whilst poolside.
As well as our standard cleaning routine. All staff will be undertaking extra cleaning of all high touch surfaces multiple times throughout each shift, class buttons will be cleaned and sanitised before and after each shift, our EFTPOS terminals will be wiped down between each client and where possible we are asking clients to pay their term fees via internet banking - please email email@example.com with clients name and day booked to receive further details on how to make payment.
Our main focus area will be what happens poolside as to this date there is no evidence that the virus is spread through the water due to the pools being treated with chlorine, we will also be adding extra pool tests throughout the day to maintain standard safe chlorine levels.
By enrolling and attending in the Waterhole program you are accepting the Company Policies and Protocols.
Failure to comply may result in termination and any balance of lessons will be forfeit.
Congratulations on taking the first step towards learning such an
important life skill.
At Waterhole we will teach either you or your child to swim
both confidently and safely.
All clients are treated as individuals and are progressed on skill ability not age!
We have classes 7 days per week and have payment options to suit everyone.
Where to find us
Parrs Park, West Coast Rd
Glen Eden, Waitakere City, Auckland
The complex is privately owned and operated by
WATERHOLE SWIMMING CENTRE LTD
Owner Judith Wright
Directors Judith Wright and Gwen Ryan
Swim School Manager Sarah Blackburn
Sarah Blackburn, Daniel Ryan and Phillip Ryan are all responsible for the day to day running of the business
The pool complex was designed and built especially for TEACHING AND COACHING, and we believe we run one of the best teaching and coaching organisations in the world.
We have 2 teaching pools and both pools are well heated
As well as daily testing a minimum of 3x per day. Our pools are independently tested every month and the results are always displayed in the reception area.
As we are a privately owned complex and mainly used as a teaching facility we don't have a large number of public swimmers attending the facility. Which means we can keep our water quality controlled and in the best possible condition for you our clients.
18th May 2020 - 9 week term
10m Learners pool
heated to 32oC
25m Training pool
heated to 29oC
Four year old Maddisyn practicing her Freestyle. Maddisyn started in the Waterhole program as a baby and has attended 1x lesson per week and had only just turned four when this video was taken.